Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge
Scholarship Awards Program
Sunday, June 4, 2023 at 6pm
William E. Reed Auditorium
24 Washington Street – Dorchester, MA 02121
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Massachusetts is a fraternal and charitable organization and is pleased to announce that we are offering scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year. The purpose of the scholarships is to promote the undergraduate education of young men and women of ability, character, scholarship and financial need. We hope the recipients will pursue careers that will be of benefit to those in need.
The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge Community Corporation is a 501c3 organization and the Scholarship Committee is responsible for the selection of scholarship recipients. Donations to the scholarship fund should be made payable to the Prince Hall Grand Lodge Community Corporation.
- Prince Hall Grand Lodge Scholarships: priority given to Freshmen entering College.
- Special Scholarships: primarily for first year undergraduates.
- Richard A. Claytor Scholarship: primarily for Freshmen aspiring toward community service.
- Oscar A. Wells Scholarship: primarily for advanced undergraduates.
- David R. Phillips Scholarship: exclusively for Boston or Cambridge residents entering College.
- William C. Dukes Scholarship: priority given to Freshmen entering College
PLEASE SEE APPLICATION FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP OFFERINGS.
Prince Hall Grand Lodge scholarships are open to young men and women who are:
- Residents within the jurisdiction of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
- Entering their first year of undergraduate college or where otherwise as specified.
- In need of financial assistance.
Prince Hall Grand Lodge scholarships are limited to young men and women who:
- Will enroll full time in a two- or four-year college.
- Have proof of admission.
Persons interested in applying for the Prince Hall Grand Lodge scholarships should:
- Complete the scholarship Application online.
- Provide necessary documentation including three references and transcript.
- Complete and submit all necessary materials to the Scholarship Committee no later than Monday, May 1, 2023 ***
You will need to upload a copy of your high school transcript and 3 separate letters of recommendation so please have them readily available.
The Scholarship Committee will carefully review all applications and:
- Request interviews with finalists if possible
- Select award recipients
- Notify all award recipients of their status by Monday, May 15, 2023
***It is the responsibility of applicants to make sure that all data is received by this Committee on or before May 1, 2023 by 11:59pm. Application submissions and all materials MUST be uploaded on time. There will be no exceptions or allowance for late applications.
The Scholarship Committee cannot be responsible for materials lost or damaged while en route to us nor can we be responsible for returning materials sent to us unless sufficient postage is included.
Scholarships are limited to one per qualified applicant.
Please note that these scholarships are for first time matriculating High School students. Current College students will only be considered for a scholarship depending on the availability of scholarship funding.
To begin the online application process, please click HERE.